General Terms and conditions
Early Registration Fee until December 19th, 2022 (23:59 CET)
Regular Registration Fee from December 20th, 2022 until February 6th, 2023 (23:59 CET)
Late Registration Fee from February 7th until March 1st, 2023 (23:59 CET)
Registration will only be confirmed upon receipt of payment as well as proof of status if required.
If the registration full payment has not been received by the early bird registration deadline indicated, the registration will be cancelled OR the next category or registration fee will automatically be charged. For group and third-party registrations, payment must be received within 10 days after receipt of the invoice.
Third-party registrations are possible between 2 and 9 delegates. Group registrations are possible as of 10 delegates. Onsite registrations will be possible on an individual basis only.
PLEASE NOTE: virtual participation starts on Monday with the first plenary session. Plenary sessions are streamed live from stage. All concurrent sessions will be recorded and are available on demand on the conference platform the following day.
Registration name change
Name changes to an existing Conference registration or transfer of an existing Conference registration are possible.
The registration confirmation along with the payment receipt will be sent by email to delegates upon completion of their registration and once the related full payment has been received. For group registrations, confirmation of payment will be sent to group leaders once the related full payment has been received.
Accompanying persons are not admitted to the Congress. However, they can participate at the Conference Dinner. Ticket costs are listed in the registration process.
Should participants/group leaders require a specific billing address on the invoice, they are kindly asked to add it during the registration process. Once issued, and following legal regulations, it is no longer possible to modify the invoice. Therefore, participants/group leaders are requested to make sure the correct billing address is entered when registering.
Payment by Credit Card
All payments for individual registrations must be settled by credit card (AMEX, Diners, Visa or MasterCard). Groups may also pay by credit card (AMEX, Diners, Visa or MasterCard). All fees have to be paid in EUR. Should delegates pay in their local currency, an extra fee on the exchange rate will apply.
Payment by Bank transfer
Payment by bank transfer is only possible until 28 February 2023 at 23:59 CEST. Bank charges must be borne by the ordering customer.
Cancellation policy – Conference registration
Should a participant no longer be able to attend the ECFG16 in Innsbruck, the conference will offer the possibility to transfer the registration in person to a virtual participation until 23 February 2023 at 23:59 CEST.
Notification of cancellation must be made in writing and sent to the Registration team by email no later than 5 February 2023 at 23:59 CEST. An administrative fee equivalent to 25% of the total amount paid will be deducted from the amount to be reimbursed. No refunds will be made for cancellations received as of 6 February 2023, or for unattended sessions or early termination of attendance.
Lost badge may be replaced onsite. A handling fee of EUR 50,00 will be charged.
Filming and Photography
We would like to inform you that there may be filming and photography during the meeting. A photo gallery with all photos taken during the congress may be available to registered participants on the ECFG16 website. In addition, photographs taken during the congress may be used for the organiser´s social media networks.
Modification of the programme
The conference chairmen reserve the right to modify the conference programme, which is published as an indication only.
The official Conference language is English. No translation will be offered unless specified differently in the programme.
Cancellation or postponement of the Conference
In the event that the 16th European Conference on Fungal Genetics cannot be held or must be moved or changed due to the following reason(s), though not limited to:
- An event of “Force Majeure" meaning an event beyond the reasonable control of the Colloquium chairmen and organisers, which prevents them from complying with any of their obligations, including but not limited to:
- Special actions taken by government of local authorities;
- Unforeseen political and economic events, such as national emergency or any comparable events;
- Strike, lockout, lockdown, threats to public safety (including terrorism, health hazards) or other comparable events;
- Act of God (such as, but not limited to, fires, explosions, earthquakes, drought, tidal waves and floods);
- War, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), invasion, act of foreign enemies, mobilisation, requisition, embargo, national mourning, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power, or civil war;
- Contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel, or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel, radio-active toxic explosive, or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component of such assembly;
- Riot, commotion, or disorder closure of airports and train stations;
- Acts or threats of terrorism;
- Pandemic or epidemic situation and other major health risk (whether declared as such or not by potential or actual health risks (e.g. pandemic flu or other disease) for the participants to the event and their patients, to the extent that the risk of disease spread is considered as serious by a significant part of the scientific community or by a significant number of Health authorities worldwide or specifically at the place of the event. However, the lack of a formal warning by the health authorities or other governmental bodies shall not be interpreted as meaning the absence of health risk for the purpose of the present provision.
- Due to official orders, recommendations or at least economically unfeasible official requirements for which none of the parties is responsible, or due to the unreasonableness of the event implementation.
- When 40% or more of the event participants must adhere to mandatory quarantine in home country/country where the event will be held or not permitted to travel due to ban from their respective hospitals/ institutions/ countries or immigration restriction by country where the event will be held.
- Any other reason(s) beyond the chairmen or organisers’ control that prevents or substantially hinders the plan of holding the Conference.
The chairmen and organisers cannot be held liable by participants for any damages, costs, or losses incurred, such as transportation costs, accommodation costs, financial losses, etc. Under these circumstances, the chairmen reserve the right to retain the entire registration fees and to use those for the next edition taking place to which the participant will have the possibility to participate without paying further fees or to reimburse the registration fees after the deduction of costs already
incurred for the organisation of the ECFG16 and which could not be recovered from third parties.
The participant acknowledges that they have no right to sue the organisers for damages should the 16th European Conference on Fungal Genetics not be held or postponed for unexpected political or economic reasons, because of "Force Majeure" or any event described on the above-mentioned section “cancellation or postponement of the Conference” or should the non-appearance of speakers or other events necessitate programme changes. With his/her registration, the participant accepts this proviso.
Additionally, the chairmen and organisers are not responsible for any bodily or material damage (including theft) sustained by participants out of, during or in connection with the ECFG16, which is not directly the fault of the chairmen or organisers. Each participant is responsible for his or her own insurance in such events.
Travel & Health insurance
The chairmen and organisers strongly advise participants to take out insurance to cover the loss incurred in case of cancellation (registration fees, travel, accommodation, and other costs), medical expenses and damage to or loss of personal effects.
By registering for the ECFG16, you agree to comply with the local (Innsbruck, Austria) COVID-19 measures in place at the time of the event. This includes any stipulations regarding being vaccinated, mask wearing and social distancing. The chairmen and organisers will accommodate all local regulations as part of the setup of the event.
Fulfilment and jurisdiction
Any litigation stemming from the above general terms and conditions and contract will be brought before the competent courts in Innsbruck, Austria. These general terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of Austria.